Celebrating Independence day!

" Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life."-Quoted by Mahatma Gandhi.

I remember a small incident from my childhood days. My mother prepared a short speech for me on Independence Day so that I can say in my Play School. When asked to say I got feared and did not say. I took my sweets packet and starter walking back home. My mother saw the whole incident and did not let me enter home. She asked me to go back to that empty place and give the speech. There were hardly 3-4 of my friends left. I gave the speech in front of them, was appreciated by my friends' parents and came back home. I was very angry with my mother that day and did not realize why she asked me to do that when hardly few were left.

But now I know the reason behind that. My mother always wanted me to involve in all the events in school and college so that I learn from each one and shine bright one day. She always taught to be self reliant and self independent as that is the only road to true freedom.

On May 2018 after landing up with my first job, I called my parents and proudly told them "I have become self reliant- though there is a long way to go."

Independence of a woman according to me means to be bold, witty, fearless, intelligent, angry, adventurous and to be the best version of oneself.


Independence is about strength and strong women lift each other up. Lets pledge to help each other so that India has more powerful and independent women in the near future! 

Comments

  1. Hey! I never knew that you are so good in this .Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Trek to Remember- Embracing a Journey of Discovering Nature!!

Gardening-An art of Delight

Girl Child- A boon to the society?